The one day workshop
For up to 12 people from the same organisation.
FewerFasterBolder meetings in a day
The FewerFasterBolder workshop is a one-day experience and a simplified, more applied version of the e-course. In one day, your team will unlearn industrial style meeting approaches, build their skills and confidence and redesign their meetings together.
We can also run this workshop as four 90-minute sessions.
Who this workshop is for
This workshop has been specifically designed for groups of people from the same organisation, including:
- Those leading meetings as a core part of their role
- Leaders and managers who want to use their team’s time more effectively
- Project managers who need their team to be more self responsible, faster and more productive
What you will learn:
- Understand why industrial era meeting techniques don’t work in a collaborative environment where things are changing all the time.
- Get to grips with some of the psychology of meeting behaviour… so you know what to say in every situation.
- Explore and experience new formats for different types of meetings
- Learn how to hear all voices in a meeting and enable everyone to put ego aside and work together more effectively.
- Learn collaborative techniques that you could use immediately to improve any meeting.
- Redesign a meeting you’d like to improve and test it live to get immediate feedback.
- The art of not having meetings - have fewer meetings, get out of diary gridlock and find space to breathe in the working week again.
Results you can expect:
- Reduce current meeting time by 30-50% – Ricoh managers reduced theirs by 75% in the first 6 weeks.
- Improve the quality of meetings dramatically – sharper discussions and outcomes, no more circles and rabbit holes.
- Build better relationships and more trust though clearer and less frustrating interactions with colleagues in meetings.
- Get to the heart of what really matters sooner and make good decisions and logical trade offs.
Complements approaches such as:
- Agile and Lean
- Open space technology and Unconferences
- Lean start-up
- Clean communication, radical candour and servant leadership
- Managing Your Chimp, Steve Peters style
Praise for the one-day workshop
"FewerFasterBolder works! A simple, unique perspective which is a far cry from the list of procedures we are normally given for running meetings."
"Different and powerful ways to look at things we take for granted in meetings. I can already see my colleagues using it with great impact."
Head of function
"New ideas are explained simply and in their context. Very engaging and useful."